Saturday, January 26, 2019

It's been a long time since I worked on this blog

      It has been a long time since I worked on this blog. I reviewed it today to see what I have to do to bring it up to date. For the most part I add pictures in existing categories. In reviewing this blog I see that there are new categories to be added as well as lots of pictures to be added to existing one. I hope you will enjoy looking at my blog. It is by no means complete.
      I began the blog when we were living in Costa Rica for three months working as Mission Nannys. In the past few years we have been taking some of our nativities off of display and putting out some new ones. In 2017 we displayed 924 and this year's display (2018) we have 870 (more than 200 are on the tree).
     We begin putting up our display the beginning of November and have had it completed by Thanksgiving. We leave it up until the end of January hoping that many people will come to see it.
     I enter the Anne Arundel County Fair each year with at least three ceramic nativities (two in "Ceramics" and one in "Christmas") and one plastic canvas needlepoint nativity. Jack once entered a silk flower floral arrangement in "Christmas"). I have not paid too much attention to the "Christmas" categories and have always had to enter in "Table decoration below 12"). My entry this year got disqualified because the judge thought the imprinted  mold marking of 1999 meant it was not made in the 2018 entry year. This was actually a blessing because the lady in charge of Christmas is adding Nativity as a category. (The past two years haven't had any other nativities in the entire fair.). My goal in entering the fair is to remind people of the real meaning of Christmas.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment